A determined advocate of analytical problem solving, I leverage three decades of experience as a risk manager, independent consultant and insurance professional to the benefit of my clients. With a strong bias towards partnership and collaboration, I’ve helped clients devise effective contract risk management standards, delivered risk control workshops to a broad range of clients (more than 2,000 participants to date and counting), and to successfully navigate through the maze of Canadian regulatory compliance. I see effective risk management as a business imperative and critical to the strength and longevity of any self-insurance program.
All great things are done by great teams. As a team leader, I seek opportunities to collaborate with my colleagues to grapple with complex issues and create thoughtful, robust solutions.
- Analysis of complex liability exposures
- Contract analysis and risk management
- Design, negotiation and placement of complex insurance programs
- Design of self-insurance programs, with specific expertise in Canadian reciprocal insurance exchanges
- Canadian regulatory requirements re: unlicensed (non-admitted) placements
- Design and delivery of customized risk control training programs
Personal Interests & Hobbies:
- Hiking & mountain biking
- Great wine
- Tropical beaches
- International travel and adventure