Transforming the popular “Secret Santa” gift exchange game into a toy drive, Excel Insurance Group turned gift giving into an occasion to collect more than 100 different toys for our local Santa’s Anonymous charity.
Continuing a tradition that is nearly a decade old, Excel Insurance Group’s office, Excel Insurance & Risk Management, suggests you try the same!
How to Play, and Pay it Forward:
- All participants names are put into a ‘fish bowl’
- Names are drawn out one at a time by the person that will become the ‘Secret Santa’ for the person they draw
- Participants are told to find a new $25 toy or gift that they think their individual would have liked as a kid
- All wrapped up and ready to go, participants take turns opening the gifts
- Left unwrapped, all gifts are donated to the local Santa’s Anonymous charity
Cool things to do:
- As people unwrap their gifts from their mystery Secret Santa – tell stories about why those gifts are a perfect match to their younger selves
- Participants can take a guess as to who was their Santa before the group does the same
Match-forward & Make Your Secret Santa’s Anonymous go farther!
Our office runs a social committee called the Fun Squad. This year, everybody’s $25 gift value was matched by the Fun Squad and then that amount was matched by the company! We had 3 times the gifts all from one exchange!
Without a doubt, you’ll have a blast while also helping the local community!