Excel Insurance Group Inc. is hiring an Executive Director in a full-time, permanent role based out of Edmonton, Alberta. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is accountable for the overall operations of the Excel Insurance Group Corporate Office. This position will work closely with the Board of Directors promote the brand, optimize organizational and operational efficiency, identify, and validate potential new partners, monitor business mix and target loss ratios for member offices. This role is expected to be a visible leader in the organization and the point of contact for the organization.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors develop corporate goals, define corporate structure and execute business plans.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors improvements for operations to enhance processes, ease workflows and effectively utilize technology.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with and between the Board of Directors, Corporate Office & Partners
- Lead and mentor the Corporate Office team by promoting and maintaining strong employee morale and culture, setting high expectations to performance and adherence to company values.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Corporate Office to develop and implement Best Practices to maximize efficiency and create synergies between partner offices.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Office to provide monthly reporting to the Board of Directors at Board meetings and provide quarterly updates on the overall performance of the organization
- Contribute to the development of and be accountable to the budget;
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of insurance contracts.
- Identify and recruit new partners to the Excel Insurance Group
- Manage partner acquisitions and divestitures and ensure process is in place to execute a smooth transition.
- Accountable for the development, maintenance, and execution of human resources, including onboarding and offboarding and performance management procedures for the organization.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with insurance markets.
- Coordinate C-Suite meetings with Board of Directors and Insurers
- Review, create and maintain corporate policies with the goal of improving efficiency & productivity.
- Implementation and oversight of Brand Guidelines and development of Social Media & Communication policies
- Accountable for the Implementation of the Strategic Plan as approved by the Board of Directors, including building an implementing a Business Plan
- Identify process improvements to enhance processes, ease workflows, and effectively utilize technology.
- Identify tools to optimize partner performance and keep up to date on market trends and conditions in P&C insurance.
- Accountable for effective and transparent corporate communications.
- Accountable for advising the board of all legal issues, including complaints and mitigation strategies implemented.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business (or equivalent work experience)
- Insurance Industry experience an Asset
- Sales Experience an Asset
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Experience with Microsoft office and HR programs
- Broker Management Systems Experience an asset
- Well-developed leadership skills, with a proven ability to motivate staff, while holding them accountable for results
- Willingness to travel
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis without restrictions
- Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
- Contract length: 24-36 months
- $125,000-$150,000 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Group RRSP with company matching
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Management: 5 years (required)